A seriously luxurious cottage nestled in the isolated and romantic far North West Highlands of Scotland, providing an ideal base to explore all that the surrounding area has to offer.
The Cottage at Mackay’s is a special bolthole in the wonderfully wild north west tip of Scotland. Located in Durness itself in a prime position a few minutes walk to the beach, village shop local pubs & restaurants- it is really convenient. This luxury coastal cottage oozes laidback loveliness. The muted décor and natural furnishing, often pre- loved finds embody modern Highland living at its best creating a romantic space to kick back, relax and unwind.
Carefully decorated in subtle muted tones with the use of natural materials such as under-heated stone and oak floors, the cottage offers a sumptuous, romantic sanctuary for the most discerning traveller. The kitchen is modern and well equipped with every utensil you should need and if we don’t have it we will do our best to get it for you. There is a range cooker, dishwasher and super-sized fridge freezer. The dining area has seating around a raised oak table, for entertaining or a romantic meal for two.
Downstairs the cottage enjoys open plan living creating a very sociable but practical space. Oversized slouchy sofa’s & chairs make relaxing easy. The house is equipped with smart TV, dvd blue ray player, wifi to keep you connected to the outside world – should you wish- there is a Bowers & Wilkins Sound System and fantastic wood burning stove. The kitchen is well equipped with range cooker, super-sized fridge freezer etc There is a utility room with oversized washer and dryer with place to hang wet muddy boots and gear after your adventures of the day. The house is not too big or too small. Ideally suited for couples looking for a romantic escape, friends and family can also join.
There are three gorgeous bedrooms. The very large master bedroom upstairs offers a quiet sanctuary should you wish to escape to a more intimate space, both double rooms have super king feather topped beds and the smaller twin room is perfect for children. The finest linens are used throughout each room and we can easily make these feather free if required.
There are two bathrooms one upstairs and one downstairs. With oversized shower or bath. Indulgent bath linens are supplied for you.
There is ample private parking at the house
Weekly rental from £1,200.00
Before You Book
- Weekly Rental (7 nights) run from Saturday 4pm to Saturday 9.30am
- Weekend Rental (3 nights) November to March run from Friday 4pm until Monday 9.30am subject to availability.
- Mid week Rental (4 nights) November to March from Monday 4pm to Friday 9.30am subject to availability.
- We are very dog friendly and have a £50 per dog cleaning charge. A maximum of 2 dogs.
- For reservations during winter months, we advise the use of a 4×4 vehicle.
- There is ample private onsite parking.
- We have a fantastic array of local meat and fish produce available, we would be delighted to help you procure items but advance notice must be given as these have to be ordered in advance. Our ethos is to support local and use what we have available to us – this really matters so we strongly encourage all our lovely guests to put there thinking heads on and shop local. Although we are remote we are very fortunate to have an excellent village store. We invite you to shop local and support it – rather than feed the machine as it really matters. The Durness shop www.durnessshop.com will soon be accepting online orders but until then you can either call (+44)1971511202 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your shopping list and they will arrange it all and we will deliver it to the house for your arrival.
- Please refer to our full Terms and Conditions before completing your booking.