Experience the elemental power of an ancient landscape. Enjoy uninterrupted views of sea loch and mountain. Indulge in sensuous luxury at the very heart of wilderness.
Croft 103 incorporates two five-star self-catering properties, Hill Dwelling and Shore Dwelling. Located on the shores of Loch Eriboll, in North West Sutherland, Croft103 is set in an area of unparalleled natural beauty. These stunning low impact buildings benefit from the very best in traditional craftsmanship and cutting-edge contemporary design. At Croft 103, Fiona and Robbie Mackay have created the ultimate escape for couples who want to be a world away from it all – together. Fiona and Robbie Mackay are passionate about the place they live and work and call home.
Creating the unique properties at Croft 103 has been a labour of love. Using their combined expertise as owner/managers of Mackay’s Hotel in Durness, they have established a completely new type of visitor experience on the family croft, one they are hugely proud of delighted to share with you. Their approach has always been about quality, sustainability and the creation of an experience fully in tune with the natural environment.
Before You Book
- Weekly Rental (7 nights) run from Saturday 4pm to Saturday 9.30am
- Weekend Rental (3 nights) December to February run from Friday 4pm until Monday 9.30am subject to availability.
- Mid week Rental (4 nights) December to February from Monday 4pm to Friday 9.30am subject to availability.
- A £650.00 deposit inclusive of VAT secures your booking at the Croft, the balance (i.e full rental cost is required 8 weeks prior to arrival).
- We are very dog friendly and have a £50 per dog cleaning charge. A maximum of 2 dogs.
- Each cottage sleeps one couple only. Croft 103 is not suitable for children. Babies in arms welcome.
- For reservations during winter months, we advise the use of a 4×4 vehicle.
- There is ample private onsite parking at the Croft.
- We have a fantastic array of local meat and fish produce available, we would be delighted to help you procure items but advance notice must be given as these have to be ordered in advance. Our ethos is to support local and use what we have available to us – this really matters so we strongly encourage all our lovely guests to put there thinking heads on and shop local. Although we are remote we are very fortunate to have an excellent village store. We invite you to shop local and support it – rather than feed the machine as it really matters. The Durness shop www.durnessshop.com will soon be accepting online orders but until then you can either call (+44)1971511202 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your shopping list and they will arrange it all and we will deliver it to the house for your arrival.
- Please refer to our full Terms and Conditions before completing your booking.