Take a deep breath…and relax. Welcome to The Cabin at Mackays. A cosy stylish retreat perfect for that bolthole escape sleeps 2, or more, if you can bare to share!
Quirky detailing meets contemporary industrial chic.
The hiss and crackle of the fire awaits. Kick off your muddy boots or leave your wetsuit at the door. Durness has something for everyone.
Wake up to the tantalising smell of fresh baked croissants from the village store before heading out to explore our stunning beaches and rugged hills. No matter what the weather the cabin will meet your every need…cook up a storm while the winds huff and puff, brave our Atlantic swells on pristine beaches.
Time to rejuvenate and find that inner child. Time to enjoy and just be.
Delectably warm for those intrepid winter visitors, a wood fired stove for ambience, and underfloor heating for generous warmth and comfort. The cabin has been fitted with wood facing to make a warm cosy environment. Industrial style lighting for you to adapt to suit your mood. The kitchen is a hand built gorgeous mix of copper and inky back surfaces. As dedicated foodies we’ve provided you with the tools to cook up a storm, a stunning and easy to use oven and oversized fridge…and for those who don’t want to wash up on holiday we have a slimline dishwasher. For dining, a raised butchers block with tall chairs in the open plan kitchen area flows to the lounge, comfy settees and seating, perfect for watching movies, socialising or curling up with a good book. Or take it outside and watch village life unfold on our generous covered deck.
For your convenience a washing machine is on hand in your woodstore.
There are two bedrooms, but we think its perfect for a couple. The double bedroom offers a quiet sanctuary should you wish to escape to a more intimate space, a handmade kingsized feather topped bed and a smaller twin room is perfect for children or friends. The finest French linens are used throughout each room and we can easily make these feather free if required.
Fitted with oversized shower and bespoke fixtures and fittings. Indulgent bath linens are supplied for you.
Short Break from £220.00 per night
Weekly rental from £995.00
Before You Book
- Weekly Rental (7 nights) run from Friday 4pm to Friday 10am
- Weekend Rental (3 nights) run from Friday 4pm until Monday 9.30am subject to availability.
- Mid week Rental (4 nights) Monday 4pm to Friday 9.30am subject to availability.
- We are very dog friendly and have a £50 per dog cleaning charge. A maximum of 2 dogs.
- For reservations during winter months, we advise the use of a 4×4 vehicle.
- There is private onsite parking at the Cabin.
- We have a fantastic array of local meat and fish produce available, we would be delighted to help you procure items but advance notice must be given as these have to be ordered in advance. Our ethos is to support local and use what we have available to us – this really matters so we strongly encourage all our lovely guests to put there thinking heads on and shop local. Although we are remote we are very fortunate to have an excellent village store. We invite you to shop local and support it – rather than feed the machine as it really matters. The Durness shop www.durnessshop.com will soon be accepting online orders but until then you can either call (+44)1971511202 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your shopping list and they will arrange it all and we will deliver it to the house for your arrival.
- Please refer to our full Terms and Conditions before completing your booking.