The House at Mackays our latest addition, a unique Scottish holiday house offering luxury accommodation, perfect for that great escape or romantic getaway in the beautifully charismatic village of Durness.
Gloriously grown up, The House at Mackays is a fantastic holiday rental in a fantastic spot. Modern highland decor, muted colours & fabrics make for relaxed, stylish living. Huge beds, baths, private garden, wood stove and views over the wild Atlantic Ocean…Step into your dream holiday.
The House at Mackay’s is a special getaway in the wonderfully wild north west tip of Scotland. Located in Durness itself in a prime position; an endless variety of walks from the door to explore our stunning scenery, well stocked village shop, weekly deliveries from local producers of fresh fish and meat, local pubs & restaurants- it is so convenient. This luxury coastal house begs to be enjoyed inside and out. The perfect place to relax, unwind and enjoy the best the highlands has to offer.
Carefully decorated in subtle muted tones with the use of natural materials and furnished with a mix of bespoke and vintage pieces. This is the place to come when you need a dynamic and uplifting change of scenery.
Downstairs the House enjoys open plan living, creating a very sociable but practical space. The house is equipped with smart TV, dvd blue ray player, wifi to keep you connected to the outside world (should you wish!) and fantastic wood burning stove. The kitchen is modern and well equipped with every utensil you should need… if we don’t have it we will do our best to get it for you! There is a range cooker, a dishwasher and a super-sized fridge freezer. The dining area has seating around a walnut table, for entertaining or a romantic meal for two.
There is a boot room with oversized washer and dryer with place to hang wet muddy gear after your adventures of the day. The house is not too big or too small. Ideally suited for couples looking for a romantic escape, friends and family can also join.
This property’s lower floor is entirely wheelchair friendly.
Move upstairs and be transported to a place where natural wonders line up for you to feast your eyes upon with uninterrupted views. The Atlantic swells, stunning stars, or even the illusive Northern Lights all dance their merry displays across our huge picture window. Prime viewing is encouraged on our rockers and slouched comfy sofa.
There are three gorgeous bedrooms. The master bedroom upstairs offers a quiet sanctuary should you wish to escape to a more intimate space, both double rooms have super king feather topped beds and the smaller twin room is perfect for children. The finest linens are used throughout each room and we can easily make these feather-free if required.
There are two bathrooms one upstairs and one downstairs, with oversized shower or bath. Indulgent bath linens are supplied for you.
There is ample private parking at the house.
Weekly rental from £1,200.00
Before You Book
- Weekly Rental (7 nights) run from Friday 4pm to Friday 9.30am
- Weekend Rental (3 nights) November to March run from Friday 4pm until Monday 9.30am subject to availability.
- Mid week Rental (4 nights) November to March from Monday 4pm to Friday 9.30am subject to availability.
- A £400 2017 deposit secures your booking, the balance (i.e full rental cost is required 8 weeks prior to arrival).
- We are very dog friendly and have a £50 per dog cleaning charge. A maximum of 2 dogs.
- For reservations during winter months, we advise the use of a 4×4 vehicle.
- There is ample private onsite parking.
- We have a fantastic array of local meat and fish produce available, we would be delighted to help you procure items but advance notice must be given. Although we are very remote there is an excellent small village store. We encourage guests to shop local and support it.
- Please refer to our full Terms and Conditions before completing your booking.